Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Guess who just got back today

My mommy, that's who. She's home from the hospital and resting. This makes me happy albeit a bit nervous because I can't get beyond thinking that they sent her home because they couldn't find a non-ICU bed for her. Regardless, I'm glad she's home and I'm going to take care of her.

And on the selfish side, perhaps she doesn't need as much additional care as we all originally anticipated, which means that I may be able to turn the tail end of this visit into an enjoyable vacation.

In which case, there's a double meaning to the lyrics because "The Boys are Back in Town" is the theme music of my trips home, has been since college. So fingers crossed, knock on wood, rub a rabbits foot and all that jazz, that this may become something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment