Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Elite Beat Agents


This afternoon while I was visiting my mom in the ICU I beat the final level in the Nintendo DS game Elite Beat Agents (EBA). I got pretty excited and was definitely impressed with myself. You see, EBA is a rhythm game and I suffer from a condition that makes these types of games more difficult for me - namely, being white.

However, I pushed and powered my way through the game to reach the final level. The game is great fun when you have a few minutes to kill during a commute or sitting at an airport. Basically you control the Elite Beat Agents as they help people around the world with actually minor problems that are major to them. Examples - a high school girl who is babysitting three kids while trying to ask her football player boyfriend to "go steady"; a sea captain who is the victim of a mutiny by his crew after failing to find buried treasure, and so on in that order.

Actually, the situations are very cute and lighthearted, save for one really touching level where you are trying to console a little girl who is sad because her daddy went on a business trip before Christmas and obviously died, breaking his promise to be home in time for Christmas. It's weight comes out of nowhere compared to the other levels but it does sort of make you feel good when you complete it. I think the final level jumps pretty far in difficulty, considering how many times I failed, although that could also be the result of the fact that I was grooving along with "Jumpin' Jack Flash".

If you have a DS I suggest playing Elite Beat Agents because it's lots of fun and has a pretty good soundtrack, although all the songs are covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment