Sunday, May 3, 2009

See ya when I see ya

The weekend before I "finished up" at Google, I drafted a goodbye email to friends, co-workers, work crushes and just about everyone else. From what I had seen from other people who left, this seemed like the norm but of course I had to add my own touch.

I've developed/evolved/something that sounds less glory hogging a style of writing, that uses no original wording or phrasing, just combinations of song lyrics, and used that to tell my story of what was happening and say goodbye. I wanted to explain how I had found myself in the current situation, let everyone know that I was relatively at peace with what was happening and not to worry because I'd be okay. I think it did just that, but you can judge for yourself.

Here are my parting words to Google:

Mama, take this badge off of me, I can't use it anymore...Goodbye everybody, I've got to go, got to leave you all behind...Don't you take it so hard now, and please don't take it so bad, I'll still be thinking of you and the times we had...You can look for answers but that ain't fun...Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da, life goes on...Don't stop, believing...And, always look on the bright side of life...Every silver lining's got a touch of grey, I will get by, I will get by...You think I'd lay down and die, oh no not I, I will survive...I get by with a little help from my friends...

I tell ya folks, it's harder than it looks...You can't always get what you want...
In the end, it doesn't even matter...Late night, come home, work sucks, I know...So what, I'm still a rockstar...I feel fine, doesn't really matter now cause I'm alright...I know I can, be what I want to be...You may say that I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one…Yeah it's amazing, when the moment arrives that you know you'll be alright...

Put to rest, what you thought of me....I am whatever you say I am...Never been a faker, doing things my own way...Here I go again on my own...I've got one thing I got to do, I've got to ramble on...No need to search the world go-round, 'cause you know where I'll be found...We'll be out there having fun in the warm California sun...If I don't see you no more in this world, I'll meet you in the next one...And I need you to remember one thing (one thing)...I did it my way...


Side note: If you can name all of the songs used, you're awesome. If you can name all of the songs and are a single female, call me.

No comments:

Post a Comment