Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I think the universe is telling me something

I just did the ol' "Bob Tallman is" search on Google and after getting past the first page (it's all related to the famous rodeo announcer/actor/steak seasoning peddler) I came across a directory listing on LinkedIn. I decided to see what other me's are up to so I clicked it.

There are 12 Rob/Robert/Bob Tallman's on the results page.
1 is me
1 guy is my dad
2 guys work in pharmaceuticals
3 listings seem to be for the same guy
and 5 guys work in NY (does not count the 3 listings for the same guy, he's in D.C.)

Granted, the advice I got from my last employer was to stay away from statistical analysis, but if you look at the numbers, take out the 2 possible duplicate listings that's 10 Bob Tallmans and 5 of them work in NY. That's 50% of them...us....me.

Sure I'm ignoring all sorts of things like a tiny sample size, selection bias for who would be on LinkedIn, blah blah but I'm taking this at face value and converting it to suit my purposes.

Bob Tallman = New York

And that works for me. If you're going to make a name in advertising, where better to do it? (rhetorical)

No comments:

Post a Comment