Friday, May 29, 2009

Hit my music

So I got this idea earlier this morning, somewhat inspired by the format I came up with a few months ago of writing things solely in song lyrics. My idea was to construct my own theme/entrance music using the same approach - mash ups of parts of other songs. What makes this slightly more complicated however, is that when writing I only have to pay attention to the order and progression of words, here I would also need to take into account musical attributes such as tempo, pitch etc.
While I may never actually physically put my motivational theme music together I did spend some time thinking about what songs I would use. Here's what I have so far, in no particular order:

  • the intro beat and first spoken part of Taz's ECW entrance music "Survive if I let you"
  • the beginning of "Voodoo Child (slight return)" by Jimi Hendrix
  • either the opening of "Highway to Hell" or "Thunderstruck" by Ac/Dc, I don't want to use more than 1 song per band
  • some portion of a Rage Against the Machine song, honestly there are so many to choose from this one would probably be based on the music
  • I would rather use a different Metallica song but for whatever reason I can't think beyond "Enter Sandman" for one that has a really kick ass part. Maybe "One" the part that I always fail on in Guitar Hero
  • the scream at the beginning of Disturbed's "Get down with the sickness"
  • Robert Plant's opening scream from the "Immigrant Song"
  • the beginning of "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns N' Roses
  • the chorus of Pantera's "Walk"
and then here's where it gets a little weird. I realized that I didn't have any rap included at this point, despite the fact that there are quite a few songs that jack me up and should be part of this. I think adding them from a musical standpoint makes this even more complicated. Anyway, also to be (theoretically) included:
  • DMX's "Ruff Rider's Anthem" - just the main baseline
  • one of Eminem's tracks, maybe either " 'Til I collapse" or "the way I am"
  • and of course I want some Jay-Z, maybe "99 problems" or my favorite lines from the "Numb/Encore" mash with Linkin Park
Who knows if I'll ever actually produce this, I'm sure every time I think about this again I'll change everything in my head anyway. But it was at least fun to think about for a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment