Saturday, July 4, 2009

A month on the road...

I'm back in California and woke up this morning in a combination of familiar and strange surroundings. I remembered some things and had completely forgotten others. I remembered where I left Scott and Kristen's wedding invitation, and the Congratulations card I was going to send my godson when I got back from New York but completely forgot about the Twix bar I had left in the cupboard or the piles of things I had left in my room in my haste to catch a flight back home.

Getting reacquainted with my surroundings today has had good moments - I rediscovered how great it is to watch TV in HD on a large flat screen, or how smooth Dani rides; and not so good moments - digging my way through a month's worth of mail, the difference between the stock of my fridge and my moms, not to mention planning for school, which starts on Monday, and the realization that I have a bunch of crap in my room/apartment that I have no idea how to get rid of.

Oh well. I'll remember what I was doing/going to do before I left for NY in a few days. Of course by that time I'll be on my way to Vegas. Eh, what are you gonna do.

No comments:

Post a Comment