Monday, July 6, 2009

First day of school - I'm oriented!

Orientation was only about an hour and I don't have class on Mondays, so not too much to talk about. But I couldn't ignore my first day of school so here are things I learned:
  • My commute is pretty long and very boring. Definitely need to pack a water bottle and some snacks
  • As long as I make 13.25 roundtrips per month, it's financially worth it to get the Caltrain monthly pass
  • Same with the Muni monthly pass, but I need to make 13.75 roundtrips
  • Miss a class 3 times, you fail. Checked my wedding schedule, missing two classes once and one class twice. Whew.
  • There is an elective class on games - so will be taking that
  • Copywriters no longer take photography. Kind of bummed because it would have been nice to learn, but at the same point that just saved me around $900 by not having to buy a digital SLR camera
  • There's a get together for us new 1st quarter students at a bar near the school on Friday, but I'll have to miss it (flying to Vegas)
  • Everyone at school seems really nice, and I think we were all a tad bit nervous
  • There's a lot to look forward to

No comments:

Post a Comment