Saturday, July 4, 2009

Quick thoughts about my family

I survived just about a full month at home with my family. It wasn't always easy. Okay, so maybe if my mom wasn't heavily sedated and unconscious for a week and a half I wouldn't have made it, but that point is we all came out of it for the better. My mom is doing better and hopefully realizes that she needs to make some changes to how she's taking care of herself; my sister possibly learned to loosen up a little bit and be a little bit nicer to people when she's in charge and me well I developed a love for the show NCIS, thanks to my mom and sister.

Between the three of us we watch a lot of crime/murder/police - drama/mystery/comedy shows. We've got our bases covered with all branches and specialties from street level detectives (Law&Order, Homicide, Monk), forensics and anthropology (CSI and Bones), interrogation and people reading (the Closer, Lie to Me), psychics and photographic memory (the Mentalist and Psych) and just about everything in between. While I was looking after my mom one afternoon she fell asleep (thanks to the meds) and left me sitting on the bed watching the story of the Zodiac.

We're sort of a weird family like that, but I think that each of us is siliently hoping that we are within the close proximity to a crime so that we can spring into action and solve it - like a bad NBC TV show. So you've been forwarned; if you're going to commit a crime of any kind you best do it far away from me and my family. Or else we'll investigate, tie you to the evidence, establish a solid motive and even write the prosecutions opening arguements before they put you away.

Oh, and don't try any of that "mommy never loved me" or twinkie defense bullshit. We've seen it all before.

No comments:

Post a Comment