Thursday, July 9, 2009

Wedursday: The worst day of the week

I've started to adjust to my new schedule, figured out (for the most part) which trains and buses I need to get to and from school, and what time I need to leave my apartment so that I make it to the train station on time. But what I don't think I'll be able to adjust to is the new worst day of the week - Wedursday, aptly named because Wednesday and Thursday will blend together.

Traditional Wednesday I have the morning and part of the afternoon to myself. My only class for the day is from 7pm to 10pm. However, thanks to the lovely California transit system, my only train option is at 4:58. Okay fine, I have to leave really early to get to my class on time. However, then when class gets out I need to make it back to the train station to catch the 10:40pm train. That train drops me back off at around midnight (as I learned last night). By the time I walk home it's around a quarter after midnight and it would be nice to eat something considering my last meal was likely around 3pm the day before. Then I can get to sleep so that I can wake up at 7am and make it back to the train station to catch the train and bus combo to make it to my 10am class on time. After that, I have 6 hours to kill until my final class at 7pm. Again, unfortunately California public transits schedule prevents me from returning home, because I would have about 50-70 minutes before I would have to get back on the train again, then take the bus back to school. Not worth it.

Those factors have led me to the creation of Wedursday, the worst day of the week. It encompasses the afternoon portion on, of traditional Wednesday with all of traditional Thursday to bring me a hybrid concoction of pain and tiredness. It's a horrible day. If I can survive I do have Friday through Monday off where I can catch up on sleep, but I have to make it there first.

Fortunately, I just need to make it through the quarter, 9 more weeks. Or win enough money in Vegas this weekend to be able to still pay my rent in Sunnyvale and move up to San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment