Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It's the new style

4 and 3 and 2 and 1, and when I get to school, the suckas run. (Modified lyrics from the Beastie Boys in case you didn't pick up on it).

My new bag came the other day and It's got me really excited for school. (In case you were wondering, yes this is still my blog although I can understand how the last sentence may have caused you to think that you suddenly were reading the diary of a 15 year old girl). Whatevs. I really wanted to get the Nintendo Cheats Code bag - messenger with tons of classic Nintendo cheat codes written all over - but it wouldn't fit my new laptop. Unwilling to sell out and get something plain, basic, "professional looking" or in leather, I scoured the internet and eventually found this:

And while you may not be able to make out what the lining design there is, it's cassette tapes. Bad ass. I snagged it up with the quickness, on sale, from Caselogic.com. One friend described it as, "it screams Bob".

Now the school mandates that I get a shiny Mac to do my work on, so without many options I got myself a refurb 17" MacBook Pro. I went refurb because the new models cut out the DVI port (which is pretty necessary to hook up to a monitor) in lieu of a stupid new proprietary Apple connection interface. But I'm sure they'll have Jason Long tell you how cool it is to spend an extra $35 just so you can plug your laptop into a monitor. Anyway, arguements about style over substance on hold, as alluded to, it is very stylish. While it is stylish, it's also very minimalist which isn't really my style. Sure, the clean polished silver finish could equate to professionalism but I'm not much for that either. The first thing I need to do is get access to a printer so I can make another printout of this detention slip, which I had on my old MacBook back at Google.
It's one thing to decorate your laptop shell with stickers or detention slips, and there is a such thing as overdoing it. I'm not going to preemptively stereotype, but I'm almost positive at least 1 person at school will have gone sticker crazy on their laptop like it was an emo band guitar. I'll try to keep mine tasteful.

No comments:

Post a Comment