Sunday, April 26, 2009

Oh oh oh, listen to the music

My moods, and even my actions, are typically influenced, sometimes defined by whatever music is playing. Even if it's only playing in my head. Music is just a natural part of my life. Everyone and everything has a song to it. I think it's something I picked up from dad - no matter he was doing there was always music. I'm not sure if it's a real memory or one of those fake ones your mind puts together, like Bogart saying "play it again Sam" in Casablanca - he never says that - but I remember being the in the garage working on one of my [award winning] pine wood derby cars and listening to Dire Straits. Anyway, I mentioned that because of the last South Park episode that I watched. My car's never set any records for speed, in fact I think I usually finished last in my den in actual racing. However, my dad and I did manage to design aesthetically superior cars that took home best looking honors each year. I still have the trophy back in New York somewhere.

I guess that's a lot of backstory just to tell this quick five minute or less one, but whatever. It saves me from having to explain why certain stories, characters and time periods in my life have their own theme music, so good to get it out of the way first.

And now, the actual story. (Prepare to be let down. It's okay to be, I'm pretty good at hyping things up, whether they live up to the hype or not isn't my concern. I'm just trying to get you to read all the way through.)

I went to the bank earlier today to cash a check from my roommate to cover his share of one of our bills. The teller was friendly, I wind up dealing with her every 3 visits or so - it's not planned just randomly happens. Actually, if I did plan it I'd never deal with her and only with the girl I usually uhm... get serviced by (naughty) two visits after this girl I dealt with today. Confusing enough for you? It's okay, I get paid by the word.

After concluding my banking business I walked out of the bank and jumped back into my car. It was sunny and warm out which means two things: 1) windows down 2) music up. As luck would have it I didn't have to station surf as my ears were greeted with the chorus of the Steve Miller Band's "Take the money and run". Having just exited a bank and hearing that song I suddenly felt like Clyde, and although there was no beautiful Bonnie to my right, I peeled out of the little suburban bank like I had just robbed the place and shot two cops on my way out. It put a smile on my face as I high tailed it down the road with the wind whipping around my face. I don't know why I do these things, I just go where the music takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment