Friday, April 24, 2009

Jack wants a piece of the King

You don't find many Jack in the Box "restaurants" (honestly I couldn't think of a better word even though there has to be something more appropriate) were I grew up on the east coast. In fact, I remember the first time I learned there was a chain called Jack in the Box was after they had a massive recall for e-coli and a couple people died somewhere.

Anyway, they're plentiful out here, and while I have only eaten there a handful of times, and none recently, they do have a very enticing value proposition (MBA phrase). You can order anything on the menu, at any time. Translation: breakfast is served past 11am. I'm a big fan of breakfast so I can't really put into words how happy this makes me. I'd be extremely happy if their breakfast offerings were on par with McDonalds, because a sausage biscuit at 11pm or 1am would really hit the spot some nights. Sorry, this post is about Jack taking on Burger King. My guess is they believe McDonalds is too strong or they just want their oversize headed mascot to battle BK's oversize headed mascot.

The Jack in the Box commercials I've seen out here are usually pretty good. You know the BK burger shots commercial with midget, uh, little farmers? Jack has midget cowboys "driving cattle the size of schnauzers, but they're cattle" to introduce his mini sirloin burgers. While that's good, this ad is hands down my favorite because I've always been a big fan of calling someone out and wanting to go toe to toe - maybe that's part of the reason I'm part of the Pepsi Generation. Plus, I think they hired Carrot Top to be Jack in this commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment