Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The best holiday present of all

About a week ago I was sent a link from a friend, to summarize, "after 16 years McDonald's is putting the McRib back on the menu nationwide starting November 2nd."

Despite being due to have surgery for, in simplistic terms, you might call a digestive condition I immediately reacted with the same giddy "Oh my God, oh my God" that any other hardcore McRib devotee would. And yes, I'm hardcore here's proof.

So as I sat there starring at my screen in disbelief - after confirming from multiple other news articles, since McRib loyalists have been the victims of many false reports -I anxiously began plotting in my head. I was about to mark the date down in my Google Calendar but then immediately realized how silly that was. Not because the idea of marking the return of the McRib on a calendar is dumb, but because the notion that I may actually forget what day the McRib makes it's glorious return is just plain ludicrous.

This morning I had to vacate the house for a few hours, so I headed over to McDonald's for breakfast and free wi-fi (became reliant on it while driving across the country). While I was walking in I noticed a small window sign, just below the giant "Monopoly is back!" banner. It showed the McRib (and thanks to stupid NY state law the amount of calories per sandwich, 500 in case you're interested). But it wasn't a "coming Nov. 2nd" or "Get ready for the best thing that has happened to you in the last decade, and that includes your marriage" sign. I was cautiously optimistic.

After McDonald's enforced their Stalinish no breakfast after 1o:30am policy, I headed back over to the counter to check out the recently displayed lunch/dinner/everything other than breakfast menu. To my delight it was there. The McRib, even available as a value meal.

What makes this story even better is this - that McDonald's has a 24 hour drive-thru. This calls for a song!

And if you'd like to find a McRib near you, go check out http://www.kleincast.com/maps/mcrib

No comments:

Post a Comment