Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Ultimate Power Ballad?

Perhaps my contribution to the world of advertising, or the the written word in general, will be my style/technique for storytelling using bits of song lyrics (as previously seen here). Who knows if anyone else actually finds it interesting or amusing - the point is I do. I just did another one, this time with the goal of creating a Super Power Ballad.
Of course I had to up the production value now, so I gave it a title, an estimated track length and of course - album art. Enjoy. Or don't. I don't care, I had fun doing it.

Without further ado; assembled from some of the greatest power ballads of all time (using My Music Lists, What is that Song?, Best Power Ballads of All Time, and AOL Radio Blog as references) this latest Dr. Frankenstein creation is designed to tug heart strings and melt faces.


Title: Wanna Know Dream Love
Artist: Various
Time: approximately 6:32
--------------------------------------------

I guess this time you're really leaving
I heard your suitcase say goodbye
And as my broken heart lies bleeding
You say true love is suicide

So nobody ever told you baby
How it was gonna be
So what'll happen to you baby
Guess we'll have to wait and see

Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
You can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for
You know it's true

I'd stare a lifetime into your eyes
So that I knew you were there for me
Time after time you were there for me

[Guitar Solo 1]

I know I could have saved a love that night
If I'd known what to say
Instead of makin' love
We both made our separate ways

I can't tell ya baby what went wrong
I can't make you feel what you felt so long ago
I'll let it show
I can't give you back what's been hurt
Heartaches come and go and all that's left are the words
I can't let go

I can't sing a love song
Like the way it's meant to be
I guess I'm not that good anymore
But that's just me

The wind of change
Blows straight into the face of time
Like a stormwind that will ring the freedom bell
For peace of mind

When I'm tired and thinking cold
I hide in my music, forget the day
And dream of a girl I used to know
I closed my eyes and she slipped away

Is this love that I'm feeling?
Is this love, that I've been searching for?
Is this love, or am I dreaming?

[Guitar Solo 2]

When I see you smile
I can face the world

I know it's hard to keep an open heart
When even friends seem out to harm you
But if you could heal a broken heart
Wouldn't time be out to charm you

Right down the line it's been you and me
And loving a music man
Ain't always what it's supposed to be
Oh girl,
You stand by me

So close, no matter how far
Couldn't be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
No, nothing else matters

1 comment: