Friday, April 30, 2010

London Calling...Sweet Home, Chicago

The school finally got the quarter away application live and online, and I've made my choices.

1 - London, because it's one of the world's great cities and the agency there is very good
2 - Chicago, another good agency and if I don't get London than the cost of living difference between Europe and Chicago can be put towards my next quarter
3 - Amsterdam, mostly because none of the other options were that appealing and I don't want to stay in SF

The application process ends on Monday and then after that it's who knows how long until I find out which greenhouse I've been accepted to. There are 8 openings in London (and just about my entire quarter has applied for it), 8 in Chicago and 14 in Amsterdam.

Obviously I'd love to get to go to London (but it would lose a lot if I was going with a bunch of people from my school). As a result, I'm really high on the idea of going to Chicago. I was excited when I thought (mistakenly) there was a greenhouse in Berlin and was pumped for "beer, sausages and berliners (donuts)" but then realized that Chicago has a big German constituent so if I get that, then I will get beer, sausages and donuts - not to mention the chance to go to Wrigley Field.

Anyway, nothing more to say until I know where I'll be this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment