Saturday, March 6, 2010

Into the homestretch (again)

One week left in this quarter and then it's back home (where I'll be doing just as much work there as I have been here). Spent a few hours in the ER yesterday to take care of a side-effect of the iron pills I was put on, but all seems to be good now. Besides, once I land in NY and that cold March air hits, I'll snap back to my East Coast form (which like all things East Coast is tougher) and grab some dirty water dogs and a pretzel for dinner and grab the train back to moms.

So I'm hoping to post some of my work here after the quarter ends. I just get a little nervous because I'm not sure about actually copywrighting things and I don't want some jr. hack at Hackly & Associates to find it in a random internet search and steal my ideas. But I do have some work that won't amount to anything in the advertising game that I can post when it's done, i.e. my Shawn Michaels tribute poster, so look for that.

Got a pretty good beat on the end of the quarter. No need to rush, panic or stress. I'm as cool as the otherside of the pillow. No word yet on if any of my work has been selected for the end of the quarter awards this time. It'd be nice to have something entered. Well, actually it'd be nice to have something win again, would really help my chances for getting my top choice (Iris in London) for quarter away in the Summer. We'll see what happens, even if nothing gets selected this quarter I still think I'm in a fairly competitive position.






Here's some of my previous work from my Illustrator class. It won 2nd place (1st among copywriters)

No comments:

Post a Comment