Thursday, February 18, 2010

Unleash the artist within

As part of my class on learning Adobe Illustrator we had an assignment to create t-shirt designs. It was really cool to concept and sketch out ideas, and even to work on creating them using Illustrator. In addition to designing and creating the shirts we also get to set our commission - I kept it simple, for my Clue based design I set the commission so the price was $19.82 (the year I was born)

WhoDunnit? (guys) tee by Notorious_BoB. Available from MySoti.com.

and for my line of California Love shirts, I set it lower ($17) because I really believe in the design and would love to see people on the streets wearing it, so I tried to make it as accessible as possible. California Love (red) tee by Notorious_BoB. Available from MySoti.com.

Both shirts are available for guys and girls, and the California Love has a wide range of color combinations (check out my designer page for specifics), again because my goal was mass appeal. But more importantly, I want to my California Love design to replace those unoriginal, cheap knock-off "I heart SF" or LA or SD or whatever t-shirts. NY had it first and did it best. Don't imitate, innovate - and that's what I did. So California, get original and buy my shirts.

So, if you like what you see and get the feeling to buy one, go with it. Whoever sells the most shirts in our class will win a prize, and well, I want to win. If you don't like the current designs, don't worry - I've got 3 more in the works, although they'll probably have to wait until after the quarter ends to be finished and put up for sale, but they'll be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment