Friday, February 19, 2010

The Gift of Awesome - Thanks Hillary

So today I had to be at school for a make-up session of my Typography class which was canceled on Tuesday. I'm not a fan of being at school on Friday, or any of my regularly scheduled days off for that matter, so I was just hoping to get through class quickly so that I could get some work done before going to Cobb's Comedy Club tonight to see Jim Norton, the highlight of my day - or so I thought.

As I was walking out of class I was stopped by Hillary, one of the school's administrative type people who said she had good news for me. I had asked her yesterday about when a particular class is offered and figured that she had heard back. "Gaming concepts is being offered next quarter and I can take it?" I asked. She responded that while that wasn't it, I was close. I was puzzled. Then she handed me a small strip of paper. I read it - Redeem this ticket by registering on-site for an Expo-Only badge. The letters GDC above it. I flipped it over to verify and I was right.

I was handed a ticket good for a free pass to the Game Developers Conference this March. Unfortunately, the last day is March 13, the day I leave for New York but all that really means is I need to cram as much as I can into Thursday and Friday. So yeah, I'm going to be at the GDC and get to see all of the new stuff that Sony, Microsoft and everyone else are going to be putting out.

I'm psyched.

No comments:

Post a Comment